Sales Onboarding Checklist: Prepare New Sales Reps for Success
Studies indicate that sales departments with a standardized, effective sales onboarding process experience 54% greater new hire productivity, highlighting the importance of a robust sales onboarding program that equips new salespeople with the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to hit the ground running.
The sales onboarding checklist assists sales managers in creating a comprehensive sales onboarding plan for new sales hires. This checklist will guide you through:
- Defining employee onboarding milestones from the first day to the first month to ongoing sales training sessions
- Standardizing key competencies for sales employees or ‘what good looks like’ across company goals, buyer personas, sales calls, product knowledge messaging, skills like objection handling or discovering prospect pain points
- Actively engaging new employees with hands-on activities like shadowing, role-play, and quizzes to practice buyer outreach and follow-up
- Coaching your sales team through ongoing onboarding training, one-on-one check-ins, and more
- Assessing new hire training program success through targeted KPIs and metrics like the length of sales cycles and ramp-up time
Download this effective onboarding checklist to invest in new team member success, improved workflows, employee engagement, and retention.