Last Updated: December 16, 2022
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide additional notice, such as adding a statement to our homepage or notifying you via email.
Persons in the European Economic Area, UK or Switzerland, see the EEA+ Supplemental Data Protection Law disclosures here.
The Notice of Certification Under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework can be found here.
California residents can view and download a PDF copy of your separate CCPA Disclosures here.
The Site may contain links to other websites, applications or online services that are operated and maintained by other entities and that are not under our control of or managed by us. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by us of such other websites, applications, or online services, the content displayed therein, or the persons or entities associated therewith. This Policy does not cover the practices of such other entities, instead their own privacy policies and terms of service will apply. We make no representation or warranty as to the privacy policies of any other entities, including the providers of third party applications.
Collection of Personal Data
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. The types of Personal Data we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, password, location, job title, professional skills, phone number, social media handle, picture, and other biographical or identifying information you provide. In addition, we collect information when or if you:
- Create an account, manage your user profile, or upload files;
- Participate in any interactive features of our Sites, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, or make a purchase;
- Request customer support or otherwise communicate with us;
- Register for or attend an event hosted, sponsored or co-sponsored by Highspot (e.g., we may, with your consent, scan your attendee badge, which will provide certain information about you such as name, title, company name, etc.);
- Register for online community events we host (e.g., we may ask you to provide a username, photo and/or biographical information, such as your occupation, company name, area of expertise, etc.);
- Use and interact with our Sites (e.g., we automatically collect information about your device and interaction with our Sites through cookies or web beacons, which may qualify as Personal Data; see Cookies section below for more detail);
- Visit Highspot offices (e.g., you may be required to register as a visitor and provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, and time and date of arrival);
- Participate in community and open source development; or
- Receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls, or texts.
Highspot is based in the United States of America (USA). By accessing or using our Site or otherwise providing information to us, Personal Data about you may be processed and transferred to the USA (and any other countries where our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or service providers may be located).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
If you are located in the European Union, you may also contact our EU office at:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Site, including the type of browser you use, device information, access times, pages viewed, files read, search words, your IP address, information about your activity within the Site (such as the pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you used) and the page you visited before navigating to our Services;
Information We Collect from Other Sources
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources. We may combine such information with other information we have collected about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide offers and services that may be of interest to you. These sources may include public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as other third-party sources.
Use of Personal Data
Purposes for Which We Process Personal Data
Highspot collects, uses, and processes Personal Data for the purposes identified in the following:
- Handling support requests: If you fill out a web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means including via phone, we process your Personal Data to perform our contractual obligations to you and to the extent it is necessary for your legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Identifying customer opportunities: We process your Personal Data to assess new potential customer opportunities to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure we are meeting our customer’s demands and user experiences;
- Registering office visitors: We process your Personal Data for security reasons, to register visitors at our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements our visitors sign to the extent such processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information from unauthorized access and disclosure;
- Sending marketing communications: We process your Personal Data to send marketing information and other marketing non-transactional communications or promotions about Highspot, its subsidiaries and affiliates, or its partners, to the extent necessary for our legitimate business interest to market our services;
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Data to comply with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or if necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Site, pursuing remedies available to us, and complying with judicial proceedings or responding to lawful requests; and
- General Business Operations: As necessary for general business administration, such as but not limited to, accounting, recordkeeping, and legal functions to meet our business obligations.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to that information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With sponsors or business partners who co-sponsor events and other offerings with us. We may share your information with these co-sponsors when you sign up for events or offerings to allow our partners to send marketing communications that may be of interest to you, as permitted by applicable law;
- With a relevant third party if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other fundamental corporate change, or the sale of a business unit or all or a portion of our business, assets or stock;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Highspot or other interested parties;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information; or
- In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may store and retain information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy. We retain information about you for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We also retain information about you as necessary for legitimate business purposes and to comply with our legal obligations, such as record keeping, accounting, fraud prevention, and other business administrative purposes. Information about you may also be stored in third-party services such as Amazon Web Services, Google Analytics, Marketo, and Salesforce.
We will retain information about you for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue Highspot’s legitimate business interests to comply with legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce applicable agreements. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Other Companies
Integrations with Third-Party Applications
Our Site include features that allow users to integrate with various third-party applications. For more information on the third-party applications available to integrate with your use of our Services, please visit this webpage. Integrations may include features that pull and/or push Personal Data from or to the Services offered by Highspot. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with third-party applications, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these applications. In regards to the use and transfer of any Personal Data or additional information received through the Google Application Programming Interface (API) from integrations with products offered by Google, Highspot will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Highspot takes measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We take precautions including organizational, technical, and physical measures to help safeguard and prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, any Personal Data we process or use.
Although we follow standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are exclusively responsible to protect your passwords, to limit and control access to your devices. If you have questions about the security of our systems and our Services, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
This Policy also applies to your use of the Highspot Marketplace, and the third-party apps made available through that marketplace. In connection with your use of those apps, we collect certain log information and other related usage information, such as time/date of access, features used and other related activity information.
Additional Information for California Residents
- California Shine the Light: Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com or as described in the „Contact Us“ section below.
You may opt out of receiving promotional email messages from Highspot by following the instructions in those emails or by managing your communications preferences through your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you want your phone number to be added to our internal do-not-call telemarketing list, please contact us using the information below in the “Contact Us” section. Please include your first name, last name, company, and the phone number you wish to add to the do-not-contact list.
You can update your email preferences here.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the European Union, you may also contact our EU office at:
Highspot Germany GmbH