For most organizations that run in a traditional calendar year, Q4 is here, and it’s crunch time to hit those sales numbers. It’s also planning time for FY17, which means figuring out how to improve your sales organization for next year.
There are two ways to hit numbers—an all-out race to the finish line, and, structured improvements that aim to help sellers be more productive. If you can move the needle in terms of seller productivity, the benefits will be magnified across performance and revenue.
Our partner, Lenati recognized that this is easy to say, but more difficult to execute, based on their work with many sales organizations that struggle with priorities and how to effectively enable sellers.
Lenati gave us some great key questions that all sales leaders should consider:
- What does your sales org do well to enable sellers?
- Where are the gaps?
- What are all the sales enablement drivers your sales org should be addressing?
- How are other sales orgs (including competitors) addressing these issues?
- What are some new ways to increase sales effectiveness or efficiency?
- Which sales enablement opportunities should you prioritize?
These are hard questions, but getting the right answers could mean the difference between hitting next year’s targets or looking for a new job. So where do you start?
The best place to start is with an audit of your current performance against the key drivers of sales enablement. Lenati has created a Sales Enablement Optimizer tool to help sales leaders measure current performance and provide recommendations for 2017 improvements.
This sales planning tool will allow you to:
- Audit your sales organization against the sales enablement benchmarks
- Identify the enablement drivers that will have the highest value and impact
- Share your findings via customized report with your internal sales organization
- Plan your investment strategy for 2017
Check out a sample report here:
To set yourself on the path to better Sales Enablement in 2017 with a clear action plan for success, start your assessment here.